Here we’ll explore everything there is to know about sacral chakra healing. Your sacral chakra, sometimes called the water chakra, is a powerful energy center. You can think of it as your inner flame. Interpersonal relationships affect this chakra, so it’s often in need of deep healing.
What Is The Sacral Chakra
Your have an energetic body that’s just as real as your physical body. This energy system contains seven centers known as chakras. The word chakra means ‘wheel’ in Sanskrit. These seven wheels of energy run the length of your subtle body. Each chakra relates to a specific set of emotions and physical body parts.
Your sacral chakra, or Svadhisthana in Sanskrit, is the second energy center in your chakra system. Located low in the belly, the sacral chakra is the orange orb, second from the bottom in the illustration below. While the first chakra focuses on tribe, the second chakra zooms in on your partnerships. All of your beliefs and experiences around your one-on-one relationships are held in the sacral chakra.
Your sacral chakra is home to your feelings, interactions, and beliefs about all the individual relationships you have with other people. Power, sexuality, and parent-child bonds all dwell in your second chakra. As you can imagine, this chakra often requires lots of healing! Sacral chakra affirmations are one way to bring your sacral chakra back into balance.
Sacral Chakra Basics
Here are the main characteristics of the sacral chakra:
- Sanskrit Name: Svadhisthana
- Number: 2 of 7
- Color: Orange
- Location: Low belly
- Body Parts: Reproductive organs, kidneys, bladder, low back
- Themes: Relationships, passion, sexuality, emotional balance
- Element: Water
- Musical Note: A
- Planet: Sun
- Astrology: Cancer, Scorpio
- Mantra: Vam
- Symbol: Orange, six petaled lotus enveloping a white circle
- Chakra Healing Spray: Pleasure Principle
Is Your Sacral Chakra Blocked?
Your sacral chakra records every interaction you have. Parent-child relationships, partnerships, and your beliefs about sexuality can take a toll on this energy center.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to know if your sacral chakra is open. These probably won’t all apply to you. But if you get two or more that need work, you could benefit from sacral chakra balancing:
- Am I motivated and energetic?
- Am I eager to start each day?
- Do I get jealous easily?
- Am I comfortable with my sexuality?
- Do I enjoy seeing others succeed?
- Are my partnerships healthy?
- Am I generally excited about life?
- Do I have a healthy sense of adventure?
- What’s my relationship to money?
- Do I have unhealed trauma from abuse?
- Am I trusting of others?
Signs of an Overactive Sacral Chakra
When you have an overactive sacral chakra, it means you’ve got an excess of energy flowing through that energy center. As a result, your emotions can easily get away from you. An overactive sacral can make you feel:
- Overexcited or overwhelmed
- Drama in relationships
- Need to control others
- Sexual Addiction Territorial
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol
These signals are your body’s loving way of getting your attention so that healing can begin.
Signs of an Underactive Sacral Chakra
When you have an underactive sacral chakra, you need more energy to flow in this areas, so you can enjoy more creativity and motivation in your life. When your sacral chakra is underactive, you may experience:
- Feelings of helplessness or being disempowered
- Inability to cope with life
- Low sex drive
- Sluggishness/low energy
- Lack of creativity
- Lack of desire or ability to connect to with others
- Tight with money
- Emotionally stuck
Signs of a Balanced Sacral Chakra
When your sacral chakra is in balance, you will feel:
- healthy sex drive
How to Heal Your Sacral Chakra
If your sacral chakra needs healing, you’re in luck. There are many ways to balance your second chakra through self-care. The sacral responds to physical power, movement, and change. So anything you do with those themes in mind will get energy flowing again. Here are some ideas.
Follow Your Curiosities
Your sacral chakra is your passion center. So the best way to bring it healing is to prioritize the people, causes, and activities that you’re passionate about. If nothing comes to mind, that’s okay. What are you curious about? Allow yourself to explore anything you find interesting.
This is the time to try something new. You deserve to have some fun!
Give To Others
Another way to open your sacral chakra is to practice giving. Look for opportunities to offer your time, donations, or a helping hand to someone who needs a boost.
Generosity is a healthy demonstration of your power. It will relax tension in your sacral chakra. Give it a try – you’ll be surprised how good it feels to do something selfless!
Stones and Crystals
You can use crystals to balance your sacral chakra. Sacral chakra stones are usually orange in color. They are energizing and help to balance your emotions. You can wear sacral healing jewelry as a reminder of your healing journey.
Or, rest a stone directly onto your belly during meditation. Since they do have a high, energizing vibration, you may not want to keep your sacral chakra stones under your pillow. They may interfere with your sleep.
Here are the best stones for sacral chakra healing:
- Carnelian stimulates vitality and creativity
- Orange calcite energizes and helps soothe depression
- Citrine motivates and helps relieve fears that hold you back
- Coral boosts creativity and imagination
Sacral Chakra Essential Oils
Your sense of smell is directly tied to emotion. This means you can use aromatherapy to heal old wounds and release negative feelings. The sacral chakra responds to citrus and spice.
Pleasure Principle body mist holds the vibration to balance your sacral chakra. It’s made with sacral chakra essential oils and crystal essences. Close your eyes and mist yourself with this blend whenever you feel your sacral needs healing. It comes in a roll-on too. Click the image to learn more.
If you rather invest in bottles of straight oils, these are among the best essential oils for sacral chakra. You can use them in a diffuser or safely dilute them yourself for personal use. Make sure the oils you use are therapeutic grade, like these:
- orange uplifts emotions and helps you get motivated
- tangerine sweet, citrus aroma helps move energy through the sacral chakra
- cinnamon spices things up
- ylang ylang is a sweet floral that reduces stress and helps you loosen up
If you’re feeling physically low on energy, give ginseng a try. According to Healthline.com, this Chinese herb is known for boosting immunity, energy, and motivation. It comes in a powder, drops or capsules. Make sure you choose something organic, like these.
Music for Sacral Chakra Healing
Your sacral chakra vibrates at the same frequency as the color orange on the visible color spectrum, about 480-500 THz. Did you know musical notes also have a vibrational frequency? An A note holds the frequency closest to orange and can help to balance your sacral chakra.
Here are some options for healing your sacral chakra through sound:
- Play a sacral chakra singing bowl
- Dance to your favorite upbeat music
- Listen to sacral chakra healing music
Food and Drink
You’re probably noticing a theme by now. So can you guess which types of foods balance the sacral chakra?
- citrus fruits and juices
- sacral chakra tea by Buddha Teas is a blend of organic herbs to balance the sarcal chakra
- spicy foods
You deserve thriving partnerships and a life full of adventure! Reminding yourself of this truth will bring healing and balance to your sacral chakra. An affirmation is a phrase you repeat to yourself and studies show they help to improve your mental state.
Read this for a bunch of sacral chakra affirmation examples and instructions on how to use them: 40 Powerful Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Deep Healing
Meditation for Sacral Chakra Balancing
Meditation is an excellent way to heal your sacral chakra. Here are some options for you to explore:
- Lie quietly. Place any sacral chakra stones on your low belly. Imagine an orange wheel of light glowing brightly in your sacrum. Hold the image for a few minutes. You can also play your sacral chakra music during this meditation.
- Try this sacral chakra meditation by Brett Larkin Yoga. She incorporates breathing techniques used in yoga to help balance the sacral chakra.
- Set your timer and chant the VAM mantra for a a couple of minutes, either to yourself our aloud. Notice how your body feels before and after.
Sacral Chakra Yoga Poses
Yoga is a great way to open up the sacral chakra and release emotional baggage. Any exercise that opens your pelvic area is good for the sacral chakra. You can even try hoola hooping.
- Goddess pose – stand with feet hip distance apart. Point toes slightly outward and bend your knees. Extend arms outward and bend the elbows to 90 degrees. Hold.
- Squat Pose – stand with feet hip width apart. Bend knees and drop your hips toward the floor. Go as deep as you can with your heels flat on the floor.
- If you want to try a full yoga sequence for the sacral chakra, here’s one you can check out.
You can also try sitting cross legged while positioning your hands in the Svadhisthana mudra. A mudra is a special hand gesture you can use to activate the chakra.
Your sacral chakra is a powerful energy center that deserves your loving care. As you bring this energy center back into balance, all of your relationships will become more enjoyable.
Self-care starts here!
We’ll help you remember just how worthy you are.
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in the Amazon affiliate program. This means I receive a nominal commission at no cost to you, when you buy an Amazon product from this page. Thanks for supporting my small business!