Are you sensing your sacral chakra may be blocked? Today I’m sharing how this chakra becomes blocked, how to open the sacral chakra, and signs to look for that will let you your efforts are working.
I often refer to the sacral as the most ‘high maintenance’ chakra because it’s responsible for your experiences with money, sexuality, and relationships.
These areas of your life can take quite a bit of energy to maintain. So when the sacral chakra is out of balance, it can leave you feeling drained.
You can think of it as your inner flame. So if you feel yours needs to be reignigited, you’re exactly where you belong.
What Is The Sacral Chakra?
Your have an energetic body that’s just as real as your physical body. This energy system contains seven centers known as chakras. (which means ‘wheel’ in Sanskrit). Each chakra relates to a specific set of emotions and physical body parts.
Your sacral chakra, or Svadhisthana in Sanskrit, is the second energy center in your chakra system.
Located low in the belly, the sacral chakra is the orange orb, second from the bottom in the illustration below.
While the first chakra focuses on tribe, the second chakra zooms in on your partnerships. All of your beliefs and experiences around your one-on-one relationships are held in the sacral chakra.
Sacral Chakra Basics
Here are the main characteristics of the sacral chakra:
- Sanskrit Name: Svadhisthana
- Number: 2 of 7
- Color: Orange
- Location: Low belly
- Body Parts: Reproductive organs, kidneys, bladder, low back
- Themes: Relationships, passion, sexuality, emotional balance
- Element: Water
- Musical Note: A
- Planets: Jupiter, Venus, Pluto
- Astrology: Cancer, Scorpio
- Mantra: Vam
- Symbol: Orange, six petaled lotus enveloping a white circle
What Is The Sacral Chakra Responsible For?
Your sacral chakra is home to your feelings, interactions, and beliefs about all the individual relationships you have with other people.
Here are the main areas of life that your sacral is responsible for:
- Sense of adventure
- Parent-child bonds
- Your relationships
- Creativity, hobbies and interests
- Zest for life/passion
- Processing your emotions
How Does The Sacral Chakra Get Blocked?
Any experience that causes emotional upset in the areas we discussed above can block your sacral chakra. For example:
- Issues with your romantic partner
- Parent-child trauma
- Repressed sexuality
- Bored with your daily routine
- Any sort of betrayal
- Lack of emotional support
It’s important to understand that everyone, to some degree, experiences a sacral chakra block at some point. These energy centers are a lifing part of you and need loving care, just like your physical body.
So a sacral block isn’t anything to be worried about. Instead, think of it as an orange light going off on your dashboard, asking for service.
It’s your chakras job to get your attention when you need to practice self-care. You’re on your healing path, and are exactly where you belong, my friend!
Is My Sacral Chakra Blocked?
Your sacral chakra records every interaction you have. Parent-child relationships, partnerships, and your beliefs about sexuality can take a toll on this energy center.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to know if your sacral chakra is open. These probably won’t all apply to you. But if you get two or more that need work, you could benefit from sacral chakra balancing:
- Am I motivated and energetic?
- Am I eager to start each day?
- Do I get jealous easily?
- Am I comfortable with my sexuality?
- Do I enjoy seeing others succeed?
- Are my partnerships healthy?
- Am I generally excited about life?
- Do I have a healthy sense of adventure?
- What’s my relationship to money?
- Do I have unhealed trauma from abuse?
- Am I trusting of others?
Signs of an Overactive Sacral Chakra
When you have an overactive sacral chakra, it means you’ve got an excess of energy flowing through that energy center. As a result, your emotions can easily get away from you. An overactive sacral can make you feel:
- Overexcited or overwhelmed
- Drama in relationships
- Need to control others
- Sexual Addiction Territorial
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol
These signals are your body’s loving way of getting your attention so that healing can begin.
Signs of an Underactive Sacral Chakra
When you have an underactive sacral chakra, you need more energy to flow in this areas, so you can enjoy more creativity and motivation in your life. When your sacral chakra is underactive, you may experience:
- Feelings of helplessness or being disempowered
- Inability to cope with life
- Low sex drive
- Sluggishness/low energy
- Lack of creativity
- Lack of desire or ability to connect to with others
- Tight with money
- Emotionally stuck
Note: If you suffer from feelings of shame, please read this next. You deserve relief: Best Brene Brown Quotes to Overcome Your Shame
Emotional Symptoms of an Open Sacral Chakra
When your sacral chakra is in opening, you’ll begin to feel more:
- interested in your life
- happy and upbeat
- pleasure in the small things
- emotionally aware
Physical Symptoms of an Open Sacral Chakra
The sacral influences your sex organs, lower back, and urinary tract. So when issues resolve on an energetic and emotional level, the body is soon to follow.
When you have a balanced sacral chakra, you’ll enjoy:
- plenty of physical energy
- healthy sex drive + function
- strong, healthy lower back
- regular menstrual cycles
- healthy bladder
How Do You Heal The Sacral Chakra?
There are many ways to balance your second chakra through self-care, and i’m sharing the 10 best ways below.
The sacral responds to physical power, movement, and change. So anything you do with those themes in mind will get energy flowing again.
Here are some ideas. I suggest you scan through the list and notice which ones jump out at you. Your intuition will let you know what you need!
Follow Your Curiosities
Your sacral chakra is your passion center. So the best way to bring it healing is to prioritize the people, causes, and activities that you’re passionate about. If nothing comes to mind, that’s okay.
What are you curious about? Allow yourself to explore anything you find interesting.
This is the time to try something new. You deserve to have some fun!
Give To Others
Another way to open your sacral chakra is to practice giving. Look for opportunities to offer your time, donations, or a helping hand to someone who needs a boost.
Generosity and kindness is a healthy demonstration of your power!
It will relax tension in your sacral chakra. Give it a try – you’ll be surprised how good it feels to do something selfless!
Sacral Chakra Healing Stones and Crystals
You can use crystals to balance your sacral chakra. Sacral chakra stones are usually orange in color. They’re highly energizing and help to balance your emotions.
You can read about the best crystals for the sacral chakra here: 5 Best Sacral Chakra Stones To Uplift and Energize
You can wear sacral healing jewelry as a reminder of your healing journey. Or, rest one directly on your belly during meditation.
Note: Since they do have a high, energizing vibration, you may not want to keep your sacral chakra stones under your pillow. They may interfere with your sleep.
Sacral Chakra Essential Oils
Your sense of smell is directly tied to emotion. This means you can use aromatherapy to heal old wounds and release negative feelings. The sacral chakra responds to citrus and spice.
Rocky Mountain Oils created this sacral chakra essential oil blend specifically to bring balance to the second chakra. And let me tell you, it smells like heaven.
I use this blend when my metabolism is sluggish, or on cold winter days when I need an extra boost of motivation to get moving.
It comes in a roll-on, too, if you prefer to place it at your pulse points, or even a few dabs on the lower belly (that’s where your sacral chakra resides).
These are among the best essential oils for sacral chakra. You can use them in a diffuser or safely dilute them yourself for personal use. Make sure the oils you use are therapeutic grade, like these:
- orange uplifts emotions and helps you get motivated
- tangerine sweet, citrus aroma helps move energy through the sacral chakra
- cinnamon spices things up
- ylang ylang is a sweet floral that reduces stress and helps you loosen up
If you’re feeling physically low on energy, give ginseng a try. This Chinese herb is known for boosting immunity, energy, and motivation. It comes in a powder, drops or capsules. Just make sure you choose something organic.
Sacral Chakra Healing Music
Your sacral chakra vibrates at the same frequency as the color orange on the visible color spectrum, about 480-500 THz.
Did you know musical notes also have a vibrational frequency? An A note holds the frequency closest to orange and can help to balance your sacral chakra.
Here are some options for healing your sacral chakra through sound:
- Play a sacral chakra singing bowl
- Dance to your favorite upbeat music
- Listen to sacral chakra healing music
Sacral Chakra Healing Foods
You’re probably noticing a theme by now. So can you guess what foods open the sacral chakra?
That’s right! Anything orange. Here are some examples:
- citrus fruits and juices
- sacral chakra tea by Buddha Teas is a blend of organic herbs to balance the sarcal chakra
- spicy foods
Sacral Chakra Healing Affirmations
You deserve thriving partnerships and a life full of adventure! Repeating positive statements to unblock your sacral chakra is a wonderful way to heal.
Here’s a list of my favorite sacral chakra affirmations: Sacral Chakra Affirmations + Mantras for Deep Healing
Sacral Chakra Healing Meditation
Meditation is an excellent way to heal your sacral chakra. Here are some options for you to explore:
- Lie quietly. Place any sacral chakra stones on your low belly. Imagine an orange wheel of light glowing brightly in your sacrum. Hold the image for a few minutes. You can also play your sacral chakra music during this meditation.
- Try this sacral chakra meditation by Brett Larkin Yoga. She incorporates breathing techniques used in yoga to help balance the sacral chakra.
- Set your timer and chant the VAM mantra for a a couple of minutes, either to yourself our aloud. Notice how your body feels before and after.
Connect To The Water Element
The sacral chakra responds to water. So any activity that involves connecting with water will do wonders for healing your sacral. Here are some ideas:
- Take a sacred self-care bath
- Go swimming
- Walk along a beach or near a river
- Make a batch of moon water and charge it with intentions for sacral chakra healing
Sacral Chakra Yoga Poses
Yoga is a great way to open up the sacral chakra and release emotional baggage. Any exercise that opens your pelvic area is good for the sacral chakra. You can even try hoola hooping.
- Goddess pose – stand with feet hip distance apart. Point toes slightly outward and bend your knees. Extend arms outward and bend the elbows to 90 degrees. Hold.
- Squat Pose – stand with feet hip width apart. Bend knees and drop your hips toward the floor. Go as deep as you can with your heels flat on the floor.
You can also try sitting cross legged while positioning your hands in the Svadhisthana mudra. A mudra is a special hand gesture you can use to activate the chakra.
Your sacral chakra is a powerful energy center that deserves your loving care. As you bring this energy center back into balance, all of your relationships will become more enjoyable.
Self-care starts here!
We’ll help you remember just how worthy you are.
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in the Amazon affiliate program. This means I receive a nominal commission at no cost to you, when you buy an Amazon product from this page. Thanks for supporting my small business!