The beautiful violet color that makes up the outer layer of the aura comes from your crown chakra. This is your spiritual center, and allows you to feel connected to all life. Here we’ll explore the meaning behind the crown chakra, ways to identify blocks, and how to heal them.
What Is The Crown Chakra
Your energetic body has seven centers known as chakras, which is a Sanskrit word that means ‘wheel’. These seven wheels of energy run the length of your subtle body, and make up the colors of your aura. Each chakra relates to a specific set of emotions and area of your physical body.
Your crown chakra, or Sahasrara is is all about your spiritual connection, and your ability to understand that life is bigger than this physical experience. It’s located at the crown of your head, so it corresponds to the brain and the mind, as well as the central nervous system and skin.
Crown Chakra Meaning
Let’s start with the basics of your seventh chakra. The crown chakra corresponds to the following:
Sanskrit Name: Sahasrara
Number: 7 of 7
Color: Violet, White
Location: Top of head
Body Parts: Cerebrum, skull, central nervous system, skin, pineal gland
Themes: Integration, connection, oneness, spirituality
Element: Consciousness, thought
Musical Note: F
Symbol: 1,000 petaled lotus
Haven Shoppe Blend: Heaven’s Door
Is Your Crown Chakra Blocked?
While the lower chakras focus on your relationships to others and yourself, the crown chakra focuses on where you fit in on the cosmic level.
When your crown chakra is in balance, you know that life is bigger than this physical experience. In other words, you’re in alignment with your higher self. You’ll enjoy a sense of oneness with nature and animals, and easily empathize with others. The crown chakra allows inner peace to flow through you. When its in balance, you’re not looking outside yourself to relationships or material things for happiness. Instead, your happiness comes from within.
It takes a spiritually evolved soul to take an interest in crown chakra healing! So just by being here, you’re doing important healing work.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to know if your crown chakra is open or not:
- Do I have a strong sense that everything is connected?
- Do I feel connected to nature?
- Is my mind a happy place?
- Am I able to see how my actions affect the big picture?
- Do I have a spiritual practice?
- Am I able to empathize with others?
- Do I honor all forms of life?
- Am I happy to be alive?
Emotional Signs of a Blocked Crown Chakra
When your crown chakra is blocked or out of balance, you will feel:
- Isolated/disconnected from the world
- Self-sabotaging tendencies
- Spiritually unaware
- Overly focused on material things
- Lack of compassion for animals
- Lack of purpose
- Overly analytical
Physical Signs of a Blocked Crown Chakra
When the crown chakra remains blocked for a long period of time, it can lead to:
- headaches or migraines
- hormonal imbalances
- poor sleep
- nerve pain
- mental illness
It’s okay to feel this way. Everyone goes through phases of life where they lose their feelings of spiritual connection and purpose. The important thing is to notice these signs and set your intention to make changes so you can experience more joy.
Signs of a Balanced Crown Chakra
Alternatively, when your crown chakra is in balance, you’ll feel:
- interested in spiritual growth
- connected to other people, animals, and nature
- easily able to find joy in daily activities
- aware of your life purpose
- unconcerned about what others think of you
- attuned to your divine guidance
- uninterested in drama
- ability to quiet the mind
- comfortable spending time alone
- moments of bliss
How to Heal Your Crown Chakra
As you can tell, the symptoms of a crown chakra imbalance can range widely. But in general, if you can’t get your mind to quiet down, you could use some crown chakra healing. There are many things you can do to bring yourself relief today. Notice which options below resonate with you, and add them to your self-care routine.
The best way to balance the crown chakra is to quiet the mind, which is the single purpose meditation. Meditation is an effective practice even if it only lasts for 30 seconds. There’s no such thing as a meditation fail, so don’t be intimidated!
It’s very difficult for your intuition to come through when your mind is yapping away. So a daily meditation practice can be very beneficial for your crown chakra as well as your opening your third eye.
Here are some options for you to explore:
- Take a mindful walk in nature
- Stare at a candle flame
- Sit or lie quietly. Imagine a wheel of beautiful violet or white light glowing brightly at the top of your head. Visualize anything blocking it falling away, like dust off the blades of a fan. Hold the image until you feel your crown chakra is clear.
- Listen to a guided crown chakra healing meditation.
- Spritz Heaven’s Door over your face and neck. Inhale deeply for 3 seconds. Hold your breath at the top for 4 seconds, and then exhale for 3 seconds.
Wear something that’s purple or white. These colors vibrate at the same frequency as the crown chakra, so when you see them, it helps your crown chakra to come back into balance.
Stones and Crystals for the Crown Chakra
You can use crystals to help move spiritual energy through your chakras. To clear your crown chakra, look for clear colored stones, like these:
- herkimer diamond stimulates psychic ability and clears the chakras
- clear quartz acts as an amplifier when used with other stones, and also helps spiritual energy to flow through the chakras
- selenite is extremely high in vibration and ushers in angelic energy
Crown Chakra Essential Oils
Aromatherapy is a powerful tool to clear the crown chakra and help deepen your spirituality.
Heaven’s Door chakra healing mist balances your crown chakra with a blend of high vibration essential oils and crystal essences. Simply close your eyes, spritz generously and take a few deep inhales. As a result, you’ll feel your vibration rise and your crown chakra begin to open.
This body mist is perfect in the morning or before meditation, to help you shake off drama from the outside world, and reconnect to your higher self.
If you’re comfortable working with straight essential oils, then floral essential oils do a great job of balancing the crown chakra. So do the extremely high vibration oils referenced in the bible and other ancient scripts.
When you’re buying essential oils for your diffuser or to make your own blends, be sure you’re buying therapeutic grade oils. Otherwise, they do not have healing benefits.
- jasmine helps to balance your energy with its sweet, floral aroma.
- sandalwood has been used for centuries in spiritual rituals
- angelica root helps calm the mind
- frankincense is another ancient oil that enhances spirituality
- rose holds a very high vibration and helps to uplift emotions
NOTE ABOUT ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY:
These crown chakra essential oils are precious and limited natural resources. Just a fraction of an ounce of these oils will run you $50-$90. DO NOT buy these oils in the $10 range. These are adulterated versions of the real thing with no healing benefits whatsoever.
The Haven Shoppe’s Heaven’s Door mist chakra spray contains the highest purity oils, but they’re safely diluted, so you pay a fraction of the price for the same benefits as the straight oils.
If you don’t want to pay top dollar for straight oils, I highly recommend you buy Heaven’s Door instead.
Music for Crown Chakra Healing
Music is another powerful tool that can clear your chakras surprisingly fast. Each note on the musical scale vibrates at a frequency that matches a color on the visible spectrum. Therefore, music that resonates with voilet and white will help balance the crown chakra!
Try these sound therapy techniques to balance your crown chakra:
Crown Chakra Foods and Drink
The higher chakras like the crown respond well to lighter diets. So if you feel your crown chakra is blocked, avoid processed foods, refined sugar, and gluten. This would be a great time for a detox or intermittent fast.
You don’t have to go nuts with this, but just start noticing how much clearer your mind is when you clean up your diet.
Try working some of these foods into your daily routine as well:
- walnuts are brain food, which supports the crown chakra
- foods high in omega 3s
- lots of filtered water
- crown chakra tea contains healing herbs and flowers to balance the crown chakra
You have a important role to play in this beautiful web of life! Reminding yourself of this truth will bring healing and balance to your crown chakra. Learn all about crown chakra affirmations in: 35 Healing Crown Chakra Affirmations to Awaken Your Spirit
Yoga Poses to Balance the Crown Chakra
Yoga can be an excellent tool to invite more bliss into your experience! Try some of the options below on your own. Or, check out this free Crown Chakra Yoga Flow.
- Headstand or rabbit pose – inversions drive blood to the brain and open the crown
- Savasana (corpse pose) – quiet, restful reflection is an important part of yoga
- Breathing exercises – increasing the flow of oxygen to your brain and body will help heal the crown chakra
- Seated poses – every yoga pose is really intended to prepare the body for meditation. Sit cross legged or in staff pose, and quiet the mind for a few moments
Your interest in the crown chakra is evidence that you’re in the midst of a spiritual awakening. That’s a beautiful thing! Answer the call for some quiet time, especially if you’ve been suffering from mental churn.
Crown chakra healing is sacred work that will reward you with so much joy in your life. I wish you all the best on your spiritual journey. I want to hear from you so leave a comment!
Self-care starts here!
We’ll help you remember just how worthy you are.
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in the Amazon affiliate program. This means I receive a nominal commission at no cost to you, when you buy an Amazon product from this page. Thanks for supporting my small business!