Your throat chakra is your center for communication, so throat chakra healing will help you express yourself more authentically. Here we’ll discuss what your fifth chakra is all about and how you can bring it back into balance.
Table of Contents
Throat Chakra Meaning
The throat chakra is your communication center. It represents the assertion of your will and your ability to speak your truth. Every experience you have that affects your ability to express yourself is stored here. So when your throat chakra is in balance, you’re able to express yourself authentically. When you have a throat chakra blockage, it becomes very difficult to speak your truth and assert your will.
Throat Chakra Basics
Here are the basics of the throat chakra:
Sanskrit Name: Vishuddha
Number: 5 of 7
Body Parts: Throat, neck, mouth, ears, jaw, thyroid
Themes: Communication, self expression
Musical Note: D
Astrology: Gemini, Virgo
Mantra: Ham, pronounced HOM
Symbol: Blue, sixteen petaled lotus
Haven Shoppe Healing Blend: Speak Your Truth
Do You Need Throat Chakra Healing?
The throat chakra is closely tied to the solar plexus, which is your center for personal power. It takes courage to be honest! You need a balanced solar plexus chakra to have the confidence to let what’s in your heart come out of your mouth. See how the chakras build on one another? So allow yourself to explore healing opportunities in some of the lower chakras as you work on healing your throat chakra.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to know if your throat chakra needs healing:
- Am I comfortable expressing myself to others?
- Do I speak for myself or allow others to speak for me?
- Am I honest?
- Can I stand up for myself?
- Do I take on behaviors and opinions of the people around me in order to fit in?
- Are my words a reflection of my beliefs?
- Do I listen with interest to other points of view?
- Am I a gossiper?
- Do I allow others to know the real me?s
Emotional Symptoms of a Throat Chakra Blockage
When your throat chakra is blocked or out of balance, it can result in the following feelings:
- fear of sharing your opinions
- unable to express your feelings
- uncomfortable voicing your needs
- poor listening skills
- tendency toward oral fixations
- inability to take a stand
- stress eating
Physical Signs of a Blocked Throat Chakra
As you may already know, negative emotions will turn into physical illness if you don’t process them. When your throat chakra has been blocked for some time, you may suffer from any of the following:
- dental issues or halitosis
- jaw problems like TMJ
- thyroid disorders
- chronic ear infections
- sore throats
- oral fixations
But don’t worry because your body is an amazing self-healer! As you practice throat chakra healing, you can soothe and even reverse many of these health issues.
Signs of a Balanced Throat Chakra
- comfortable speaking your mind
- creative and expressive
- open to new perspectives
- able to speak for yourself
- the right words to say come to you easily
- physical wellness in the body areas ruled by the throat chakra
How to Heal Your Throat Chakra
If your throat chakra is imbalanced, there are many things you can do today to begin healing. The common theme among all of these practices is strengthening your personal will, so you can live a more authentic life.
Be Honest With Yourself and Others
Sometimes it feels so much easier to let others make decisions for you to avoid rocking the boat. Its a survival instinct to try to conform. If you find yourself . It’s scary to be authentic because it opens you up to judgement and rejection. Instead of masking the real you, start sharing more of yourself others. The payoff is an incredible sense of freedom.
Your words have power! Your life experiences are a mirror of the beliefs you hold and the stories you tell. So start practicing the art of communication on a regular basis. The best way to get energy moving in your throat chakra is to strengthen it like you would any other muscle. So start using your voice, literally. Here are some ideas to try:
- Offer your perspective in conversations
- Keep a journal, even if it’s private. Use a blue one as a reminder of your intentions.
- Sing in your car or shower
- Speak at a volume loud enough to be heard
- Say hello to strangers you pass on the street
Deepen Your Spiritual Practice
When you’re on your personal spiritual path, your thoughts and words will reflect it. Spiritual practice brings comfort and clarity. These qualities make it easier for you to express yourself.
Throat Chakra Stones and Crystals
You can carry blue stones to bring balance to the throat chakra. You can charge them with your intention simply by holding your crystal or gemstone in your hand, and thinking of a specific area where you need support. Your stones will give off a gentle, healing vibration that will remind you of your intentions. A crystal necklace is an excellent choice so it can rest directly on your throat chakra, like this lapis lazuli crystal pendant and sapphire round cut pendant. You can learn more about how to use crystals here.
Here are the best crystals for throat chakra healing:
- Lapis lazuli supports honest communication
- Turquoise is a protective stone that promotes feelings of calm
- Sodalite is also very calming and helps you verbalize thoughts
- Sapphire helps you tap into your inner wisdom and promotes clarity
- Blue lace agate moves energy through the throat chakra and supports thyroid health
Use Throat Chakra Essential Oils
Aromatherapy is an excellent way to uplift emotions and enforce new mental patterns.
Speak Your Truth chakra mist is the perfect tool for throat chakra healing. It contains a blend of throat chakra balancing essential oils. Plus it’s made with gem elixirs for additional healing energy. Close your eyes and spritz your face and neck whenever you need help communicating. It also comes in a roll-on which you can apply behind the ears or back of the neck.
If you prefer straight, undiluted essential oils, these are the best for the throat chakra. You can use them in a diffuser, or blend/dilute them yourself. Just make sure they are organic and therapeutic grade, like these. Otherwise, they will do more harm than good:
- Peppermint is cooling and invigorating. It supports self expression and creativity.
- Geranium fosters open and honest communication with its lemony, floral aroma.
- Eucalyptus refreshes the mind so you can express yourself clearly
- Myrrh is calming and will help you connect to your higher self. It also comes in resin form for burning.
- Sage helps clear negative beliefs that hold you back
Throat Chakra Music
You can play music that’s specific to throat chakra healing. Here’s how it works: the color blue vibrates at frequency of about 600 MHz on the color spectrum. This is closest to the frequency of the D note on the musical scale. Color and sound are connected! So 600 MHz is the ideal throat chakra healing frequency.
Try these sound therapy options for throat chakra healing:
Throat Chakra Healing Foods + Drink
An imbalance in the throat chakra often results in thyroid issues. Foods that support a healthy thyroid will also heal your throat chakra.
- coconut or coconut water
- peppermint tea
- seaweed, because it contains iodine which is essential to thyroid health
- simple, whole foods
- throat chakra tea with honey or lemon
Throat Chakra Healing Meditation
You can do meditations to heal your throat chakra. Here are some options for you to explore:
- Lie down and envision a beautiful blue orb of light glowing brightly in your neck area. Hold the image for 2 minutes.
- Try a free throat chakra healing meditation on YouTube.
- Chant the throat chakra mantra, Ham, aloud. If you’re uncomfortable with this, repeat it in your mind
Yoga Poses to Balance the Throat Chakra
You can move your body to get energy flowing through your throat chakra. Try this free throat chakra yoga flow if you prefer to follow an instructor. Or, do some of these poses on your own:
- Neck stretch – drop your right chin to your right shoulder and hold. Repeat on left side
- Lion pose – stick out your tongue and let out an audible exhale. Get loud!
You might end up rubbing some people the wrong way as a result of speaking your truth. That’s okay! You’re not here to ‘people please’ or make other people comfortable. Your desires, ideas, and opinions have value! So start using that beautiful voice of yours because when you do, everything in your life will begin to change for the better. It’s time to share more of yourself with the world!
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in the Amazon affiliate program. This means I receive a nominal commission at no cost to you, when you buy an Amazon product from this page. Thanks for supporting my small business!