Today I’m sharing 105 journal prompts for self growth, to build up your strengths and release any limiting beliefs holding you back.
You deserve to be absolutely in love with your life! It’s time to grow, expand, and step into the next version of you.
How Journaling Can Help You Grow
Journaling for self growth is a powerful way to safely explore areas of your life that need healing.
Before we begin, take a moment to honor yourself for being here.
Your interest and intention for self growth is a beautiful sign that you’re on the pathway toward your very best life.
You deserve to feel proud of who you are, and excited about where your life is going! These journaling prompts will soothe your stress and bring you clarity. When you lovingly evaluate what’s working in your life and what’s not, you can make solid plans to upgrade your life as you see fit.
More to Explore:
Best Questions to Ask Yourself Everyday for Self Growth
65 Self Love Journaling Prompts for Healing + Self Discovery
45 Heart Chakra Journal Prompts for Love and Emotional Healing
125 Powerful Affirmations for Happiness and Joy
50 Spirituality Journal Prompts for Spiritual Growth + Exploration
How To Use These Journal Prompts
I recommend keeping a manifesting journal dedicated to your thoughts, feelings and goals for the future.
Scan this list of self-growth prompts and pick one daily to use as a starting point for writing. Let yourself write freely, from the heart, without overthinking. When you give yourself permission to express yourself without a filter, deep healing occurs.
Below I break the list up into journal prompts for self growth, self discovery, self love, self improvement, and general reflection questions about life.
Self Growth Journal Prompts
- When I look back on the past year, how have I grown?
- What is the biggest change I’ve made in the past year?
- Three things I used to enjoy that no longer feel like a good fit for me are…
- What accomplishment am I most proud of?
- What are my top 3 favorite things about my life right now?
- What do I want to create more of in my life?
- What relationships, habits, or activities am I ready to release?
- What is my favorite pastime?
- What are my top three priorities in life right now?
- What makes me happiest?
- What areas of my life need improvement or change?
- If I could do anything without fear of failure, what would it be?
- What desires or goals would require me to step outside my comfort zone?
- What traits do I recognize in my friends that I used to, but no longer share?
- Are my relationships a reflection of my best self?
- Three things I love about myself are…
- What new hobbies would I like to explore?
- Do I have limiting beliefs about my abilities or worthiness hold me back? If so,
- Where did they come from? How can I release them?
- Where do I have opportunities to grow more emotionally mature?
- What are my insecurities?
- How would life be better if I healed them?
- How can I build confidence in those areas?
Find your perfect manifestation journal! ✨
16 Best Manifesting Journals in 2023: Attract Your Dreams Now
Journal Prompts for Self Discovery
- What are three ways that I can show myself love?
- How can I take better care of my physical body?
- Do I have a spiritual practice?
- Do I talk to myself in a loving and supportive way?
- Do I set healthy boundaries with other people?
- Am I holding onto regret or shame that needs healing?
- How can I forgive myself and move forward?
- What are three positive things I can remind myself every day?
- What’s my favorite physical attribute?
- How often do I smile and laugh on a daily basis?
- Do I carve out some time for self-care?
- What relationships or environments bring out the best in me?
- What relationships or environments bring out the worst in me?
- How can I better practice self-acceptance?
- Pick one thing you don’t like about yourself and speak to it as if you were comforting your best friend.
- Do I choose food and beverages that nourish my body?
- What are three loving things I can do for myself this week?
- Is there anything or anyone draining my energy?
- Is my personal space pleasing and comfortable?
- What are three things I love most about myself?
Self Love Journal Prompts
- What does the perfect adventure look like to me?
- When I daydream about my ideal life, what does it look like?
- How do I feel about my job?
- How do I feel about my partnership?
- What are my favorite hobbies or interests?
- If money were no object, what would I do?
- What are my top three skills or talents?
- How would other people describe me?
- What’s my relationship with abundance?
- What person or people do admire most and why?
- The people I admire all have this in common…
- What’s my biggest challenge right now?
- How can I set myself up for success?
- What brings me the most joy these days?
- Are there any areas in my life that need to be refreshed or upgraded?
- What’s my strongest personality trait?
- What motivates me the most?
- What brings me the most peace?
- What does my perfect day look like?
- What can I add to my daily routine to get closer to that ideal day?
Self Improvement Journal Prompts
- What are three goals I’d like to accomplish this month?
- List a few milestones you can work toward for each goal.
- What recent accomplishment am I most proud of?
- Where do I need to build skills in order to support my goals?
- When I think about the future, what gets me the most excited?
- How can I practice more kindness?
- How can I show up as my best self for my friends and loved ones?
- Do I believe I deserve to have my dreams come true? Why or why not?
- What areas of myself would I like to improve?
- What are three ways I can move toward improvement in these areas?
- If I could change anything about my life, what would it be?
- List five things you’re most grateful for.
- Why do I feel guided to focus on self-improvement at this time?
- What areas am I already strong in?
- What activities or relationships do I need to make more time for?
- What are three small things I can do every day to work toward the next version of myself?
- What inspires me the most?
- When do I feel like at what time of day do I feel the most energetic and productive?
- How can I build on my natural skills?
- Do I owe anyone an apology?
Deep Writing Prompts About Life
- If I had to define my soul’s purpose, what comes to mind?
- Do I speak my truth and express myself authentically?
- If I had to sum up my childhood in one word, it would be…
- What am I passionate about?
- Or, what do I want to be passionate about?
- If I could be an expert on any topic, what would I choose and why?
- How can I move toward embracing my life purpose?
- The best I’ve ever felt in my life was when…
- Do I allow others to know the real me?
- Is my heart open to intimacy?
- How do I cope with stress?
- Are my coping mechanisms healthy or do they have room for improvement?
- When I think about the people I’m closest to, what traits do they have in common?
- When I think about myself 5 years ago versus now, how have I grown and changed?
- Where would I like to be 5 years from now?
- How can I make my future-self proud?
- Look back on an experience that seemed negative but turned out to be a blessing.
- What scares me the most and why?
- How can you soothe your fears and grow stronger?
- If I had to pick, what is the most important thing I want to accomplish or overcome in this lifetime?
- If I could only pick one word to describe my ideal life, what word would I choose?
- Do I believe I need to struggle in order to be successful?
- How can I create more ease and joy in my life?
- If I had to pick one positive affirmation to capture as my mantra for life, what would it be?
Did these journal prompts for self growth inspire you? I hope they help you to nurture the very best parts of yourself and sooth any areas of stress or unworthiness that may be holding you back.
You deserve the very best of all things! If you need reminding of this, check out these positive affirmations next. They also serve as excellent journaling prompts to support your self-growth journey.
101 Spiritual Affirmations for Spiritual Alignment + Growth
65 Mindfulness Affirmations to Be Present, Calm + Grounded
85 Positive Affirmations for Self Worth + Unshakable Confidence
Sending you love!
Self-care starts here!
We’ll help you remember just how worthy you are.
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in Amazon and Share A Sale affiliate programs. This means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, when you buy a product from this page. Thank you for supporting my small business!
Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash