Are you holding onto regret, shame, or guilt about the past? You deserve peace, my friend. Today I’m sharing my favorite self love journaling prompts to help you nurture, heal, and reshape your relationship with yourself.
What Is Self Love?
Self-love truly is a practice. It involves setting intentions every day to accept yourself exactly as you are, and forgive yourself for past mistakes.
If you take nothing more from this entire post, let it be that forgiving yourself is the most profound gift of self love you could ever give yourself.
You are supposed to make mistakes and learn from them! Punishing yourself only holds you back from growing, moving forward, and healing.
When you know better, you do better.Maya Angelou
Here are some things that come organically when you have a healthy sense of self-love:
- Speak to yourself with loving words
- Feel ready and willing to learn from your mistakes.
- Release harsh criticism and self-judgment.
- Take loving care of your body
- Give yourself permission to feel a wide range of emotions.
- Choose uplifting media for entertainment
- Set healthy boundaries with people
- Naturally command respect from others
- Have a strong sense of inner peace, identity, and happiness.
Since you are an energetic being, your vibration is everything. Feelings like sadness, guilt and shame are at the low end of the emotional scale.
But as you practice self-love, your vibration will begin to rise as a result of your improved emotions.
This is such good news, because it means every area of your life will begin to heal as you practice self-love.
So, pat yourself on the back for finding your way here because you are well on the road to receiving upgrades in life that you so very much deserve.
More Articles for Self-Love
How to Practice Self Love: 11 Life Changing Tips
Self Love Affirmations to Embrace Your Worthiness
Heart Chakra Journal Prompts for Love and Emotional Healing
Heart Chakra Affirmations for Soothing and Inner Peace
Best Questions To Ask Yourself Everyday for Self Growth
Break Up Journal Prompts to Mend Your Heart
Powerful Crystals for Self-Love, Confidence and Happiness
What Should I Journal About in My Self Love Journey?
Your self-love journal can contain anything that makes you feel good about yourself.
I will share my favorite self-love journal prompts below to get you started. But if they inspire you to write about your own ideas, then that’s totally fine too.
In general, focus on topics that make you feel proud, engaged, comforted, and excited about your life.
You can’t get this wrong, so let your heart lead the way and try not to censor yourself while you’re journaling.
Your self-love journal is a sacred space for your innermost thoughts, feelings, wishes, and dreams. So, I encourage you to approach this exercise with reverence, and create a safe space to freely express what’s in your heart.
Self Love Journaling Prompts
Here’s a list of self love journaling questions to answer:
- What was one way I showed myself love today?
- What is one thing I love about my physical appearance?
- What are my three best personality traits?
- How can I support my physical wellness goals?
- Whom do I need to forgive?
- Am I holding on to feelings of guilt or shame from the past?
- What can I learn from that experience?
- Am I worried about the future? Why?
- How can I make more time in my schedule for self-care?
- How was my self-talk today?
- If money were no object, what would I do for a living?
- What do I love most about my life right now?
- If I had no fear, what new things would I try?
- How can I make my future-self proud?
- Does my physical space reflect my best self?
- Is there anything making me angry?
- Is there an opportunity to declutter my home or workspace?
- How can I comfort myself in healthy ways when I’m hurting?
- Are there any relationships I need to release in order to love myself more?
- Did I make good food choices today?
- When’s the last time I pampered myself for no reason?
- Did I honor my body’s requests for food/water/movement/rest today?
- Do I tend to say yes when I really mean no? Why or why not?
- What are my dreams for the future?
- How can I help myself get there?
- One of my most grateful for in my life right now?
- What are 3 things I can do today to create more happiness in my life?
- How can I take a step outside my comfort zone?
- Do I enjoy my own company?
- Do I have any toxic habits that don’t serve me?
- When’s the last time I said ‘I love you’ to myself?
This next list contains self-love journaling prompts to explore:
- Think about the fears holding you back. Write down the absolute worst case scenario and take an objective look at how likely it is to happen.
- If you had to describe yourself to someone, what would you say?
- Write down your most recent self-talk and compare it to how you talk to someone you love. How are they different or alike?
- List 5 reasons why you deserve love.
- Self-love and confidence are closely tied. Write down your thoughts on self-confidence.
- What’s the worst that could happen and how likely is that to actually unfold? Write a loving, comforting message to your inner child/past self.
- Talk about 3 good things that have happened to you recently.
- List 3 ways you could support yourself in achieving your goals.
- Relationships hold up a mirror. Describe a few of your relationships with others: are they healthy, harmonious, balanced?
- Explain what the word ‘love’ means to you.
- Talk about a time when you felt proud of yourself.
- Explore a situation that recently hurt your feelings.
- Did it poke at an emotional wound or insecurity?
- How can you bring yourself healing in that area?
- Write your future self a message for when you’re feeling sad.
- List 3 self-care activities that you can turn to when you’re having a bad day.
- Pick your favorite love affirmation and write about what it means to you.
- Think of a person you’re not getting along with and list 3 things you admire about them.
More self love journaling prompts:
- Write about what love means to you.
- List some songs that make you feel good about yourself.
- Identify a movie or TV character reminds you most of yourself and explain why.
- How has that character grown and changed over time?
- What lessons have they learned?
- How can you apply them to your life?
- Describe the most loving relationship you can imagine.
- How do I show others love?
- Is there anything weighing heavily on your heart? Let it out in your journal.
- Everyone expresses love differently. List 3 ways the other people in your life show love differently than you.
- Think about a time when you received a compliment.
- Do you accept with sincerity or deflect by saying something negative about yourself?
- List a few new hobbies or activities you’d like to explore.
How Self Love Journaling Helps
Self-love journaling helps in the following ways:
- Raises your vibration by soothing and uplifting emotions
- Helps you to process events in your life
- Reveals limiting beliefs about yourself
- Creates healthy mental habits around self-talk and self-care
- Encourages you to become your own nurturer.
Remember, all the love and acceptance you need is inside yourself. Once you fully embrace yourself, every relationship in your life will shift in response.
When To Do Self Love Journaling
You can reach for your self-love journal whenever you need a reminder that you are loved and lovable.
But in the beginning, I recommend setting a schedule for yourself. Whether it’s every night before bed, once a week, or once a month: the frequency doesn’t matter, but consistency does.
So pick a schedule that works for you and stick to it. Once you feel a strong sense of self love, you won’t need to do these journal exercises anymore. Don’t worry, you’ll know when the time comes.
Essential Oils for Self Love
As an Aromatherapist, I cannot stress enough how deep the connection is between your emotions and your sense of smell.
When you associate an aroma to your self-love practice, you’re training your brain to remember your self-love intentions every time you experience that particular scent.
This Love blend by Rocky Mountain Oils will bring a rush of positive emotions to the surface of your mind, so that you can heal. (I use RMO oils myself; their oils are thoroughly tested for purity + quality. Plus they smell amazing).
I hope these self love journaling prompts inspire you to be more self-aware, connected, and committed to your self-care practice.
You are worthy of your own love, compassion, affection, and approval!
Did these self-love journaling prompts offer some inspiration? Wishing you all the best!
Self-care starts here!
We’ll help you remember just how worthy you are.
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in Amazon and Share A Sale affiliate programs. This means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, when you buy a product from this page. Thank you for supporting my small business!