You deserve to feel strong, beautiful, flexible, and full of vitality. These positive exercise affirmations will fire you up for your next workout so you can slay your fitness goals. Let’s do this!
How Exercise Affirmations Can Support Your Goals
We all need a boost of motivation from time to time! It’s way too easy to just stay cozy on the couch when it’s time to work out (I speak from experience).
These workout affirmations will offer you the extra support you need to get going until your workouts become second nature.
I promise, when you find the right workout routine for you, and stick to it, you’ll begin to look forward to going. In the meantime, these affirmations will remind you of why you set your fitness goals in the first place.
More Affirmations for Your Transformation:
Below I’m sharing positive affirmations for each phase of your workout:
- Motivation – before workouts
- Strength – during workouts
- Post Workout – right after workouts
- Body transformation – between workouts
Exercise Affirmations for Motivation
- This is time for me to channel my energy in a positive way
- Moving my body brings balance to my emotions
- Exercise is an act of self love.
- I can’t wait to give my brain a rest and get lost in my workout
- Working out is a healthy outlet for stress
- I enjoy the way I feel when I’ve exercised
- I look forward to this ‘me time’
- Exercise is a gift I give to myself
- Today’s workout will give my body just what it needs
- Each workout is different because I honor my body’s signals
- I take responsibility for positive change
- I’ll do my best today and that is plenty
- It’s time to get up and go!
- I will honor my body by moving in ways that feel best
- When my workout is over, I will reward myself in a healthy way
- I do look forward to working out
- Getting started is the hardest part – I’ve got this.
- My workout is a celebration of what my body can do.
- I release excuses that hold me apart from my goals
- I encourage myself with positive self-talk
- I have never regretted a workout!
- It is my birthright to be healthy, strong, and vital.
- Exercising makes me feel happier.
- I am coordinated and athletic.
- It’s fun to explore new types of workouts.
- Every time I show up for my workout, I affirm my worthiness.
- It feels good to honor my commitments.
- I promise to show up for myself today.
- Working out as an investment in my health.
- Each workout plants a seed for a healthy future.
- I have a clear end goal in sight and move closer to it everyday.
- Exercising makes me feel happier.
- I am coordinated and athletic.
- It’s fun to explore new types of workouts.
- Exercise boosts my confidence and assertiveness.
- I never feel self-conscious because I’m one of the few who’s showing up.
- I like knowing that I serve as an inspiration for others.
- It’s time to move; I’ll rest later.
- Exercising is a great way to detox.
Exercise Affirmations for Strength
- My body is capable and strong
- My body loves me and supports my goals
- Without challenge there’s no change!
- I move my body with joy
- My endurance improves every day
- The stronger I am physically, the stronger I become mentally
- I focus on my breathing and find new reserves of strength
- It is my birthright to be healthy, strong, and vital
- Working out makes me feel alive
- A strong core will help me to remain independent as I age
- I have such deep appreciation for my physical abilities
- I love flexing my willpower and determination
- It’s fun to discover new abilities
- I am resilient and powerful
- Discomfort is temporary and necessary
- I am an unstoppable force
- I’m perfectly capable of doing hard things
- The body achieves what the mind believes
- There is no limit to what I can accomplish
- My body is a magnificent machine
- I love using my muscles
- My workouts get easier every time, as my body grows stronger
- I am taking inspired action toward my goals
- I have plenty of energy to crush this workout
- Working out helps me realize how powerful I am
Post Workout Affirmations
- I’m so proud of myself
- My body thanks me for this time
- I did it!
- Now it’s time to rest and receive
- Working out is beginning to feel less like work and more like play.
- That was easier than last time.
- I feel my strength and endurance improving.
- I feel calm, grounded, and peaceful.
- My mind, body, and spirit are in perfect alignment.
- I feel so good in my body.
- I love hitting my goals.
- Fitness is a big part of my self-care practice.
- I love my newfound strength.
- My mind feels clear and quiet.
- I am powerful.
- Stress from the day seems less important now.
- I feel tired in a good way.
- I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight.
- I still have plenty of time in the day to chill.
- I look forward to a healthy bite to eat.
- I am fierce!
Exercise Affirmations for Body Transformation
- I look forward to reaching my body’s ideal weight.
- I give myself permission to release habits that don’t support my health goals.
- I am allowed to change, grow and heal.
- It’s fun to buy new clothes that show off my figure.
- I feel light and energetic.
- I take pride in caring for my body.
- It’s fun to track my progress.
- I can feel myself changing from the inside out
- My fitness serves me well in other areas of my life.
- I love the freedom that comes with a healthy, strong body.
- I take just as much pleasure in movement as I do and rest.
- When I look back at the beginning of my journey, I see remarkable progress.
- Every area of my life is improving thanks to this healthy new routine.
- My improved endurance makes me more productive throughout the day.
- I’m sleeping better as a result of my exercise routine.
- Physical ailments that used to bother me are drifting away.
- I enjoy leisurely walks that connect me to nature
- I’ll be gentle with my body today.
- I stretch and massage my muscles for the pure pleasure of it.
- My body is a sacred temple that I lovingly care for.
- I take full responsibility for creating positive changes in my life.
- I set realistic milestones and celebrate each one.
- It’s fun to watch my body change
- I feel sexy and confident.
- I’m perfectly content where I am now and eager for more healthy changes
- I honor divine timing on my journey of transformation
- I am lean, strong, and energetic.
- I deserve to feel good about myself
- I am beautiful
- I’m creating real change for myself
- I am making my future-self proud
- I am worthy of these upgrades
- I love this new version of me
- I naturally crave foods that support my goals
- My self-talk is always loving, kind and supportive
- Each phase of this journey is sacred
- True beauty comes from within
- The better I feel on the inside, the more my outer beauty shines
- My body knows how to achieve its ideal weight
- I feel my way toward thriving health
- The better I feel, the better I look
- I give myself full permission to take a break on my rest days
How To Use Your Workout Affirmations
Did you find an affirmation or two that helps you to feel strong, empowered, and motivated? Here are some ideas for incorporating your favorites into your workout routine:
- Between reps
- On your way to the gym
- When you need help getting motivated
- First thing in the morning
- Post it to your bathroom mirror
- Add a motivational reminder in your phone
- Tuck it under your pillow
- Print, frame and keep in your room or workout area
- As a meditation mantra
- As a prompt in your manifesting journal.
- Whenever you feel like quitting mid-workout.
More Ways to Keep Your Workouts on Track
Track Your Progress
Do you have a manifestation journal? If not, I strongly recommend you get one and document your fitness journey. Every day or, check in with yourself, write about how you moved your body, and how you felt before vs after.
There’s no better motivator than reminding yourself of how good you feel once the work is done! Plus, a manifesting journal will support you in reaching your goals. Here’s a list of the best: 16 Best Manifesting Journals in 2023: Attract Your Dreams Now
Keep a Positive Mindset
Remember, exercise is a celebration of what you can do. Your workout routine should make you feel proud, happy, and empowered.
If it feels frustrating and impossible to stick to, change things up and find something else that feels more fun.
Workout because you love your body, not because you hate it.Unknown
To help with this, I recommend incorporating essential oils into your workout. There’s a powerful connection between your emotions and your sense of smell.
The right aroma will work as a signal to let your body know that it’s time to move. This Fitness blend by Rocky Mountain Oils was made specifically to support your workouts:
Meditation is an incredible partner for exercise. If you’ve ever been to a yoga class, you’re already familiar with closing your practice with meditation. But it’s effective at the end of any workout.
Even if it’s just 60 seconds of quiet breathwork with eyes closed, or a simple body scan, meditation gives your mind and body a chance to integrate all the beautiful work you’ve done.
Since exercising increases you serotonin and reduces stress levels, meditating is easier post-workout, too.
If you have mala beads, they are the perfect tool to repeat your affirmation. You can read more about that here: How To Use Mala Beads for Manifesting (Plus Color Meanings)
Listen To Music
I highly recommend having a playlist of motivational, upbeat, music that’s ready to go before you start your workout.
Music is a powerful tool for raising your vibration. So choose beats that reflect how you want to feel. What songs make you feel strong, energetic, beautiful, powerful, and motivated? Those are your workout jams!
Consider having a slower song at the end as you begin your cool down, and also serves as a nice auditory signal that you’re almost finished.
Listen To Your Body
There’s a difference between the hard work of growing stronger and overdoing it. Your body will tell you the difference.
It’s important you honor your body’s limitations as you build your strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Don’t worry, your abilities will grow by leaps and bounds as you continue your workout routine. So remember, there’s no need to push yourself too hard. That just leads to frustration and injury.
Physical fitness is a lifelong journey. So take it slow and steady so that you don’t burn yourself out.
Respect Rest Days
Did you know you don’t build muscle at the gym?
You actually build muscle in the downtime that follows.
That’s why it’s so important you aren’t working yourself too hard.
Block off a couple days per week to rest, and make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep. Ample downtime for your muscles to recover and rebuild is how you grow stronger!
You need a healthy mix of movement and rest for best results.
Reward Yourself in Healthy Ways
Rewards are effective motivators! Just be sure you choose healthy ways to celebrate your successes.
Of course, the occasional indulgence is great!
But as a general rule, think up rewards that support your wellness goals. If you need ideas, here are some of my favorite self-love practices: How to Practice Self Love: 11 Life Changing Tips
Do you feel pumped up to move your body? I hope so! If you have a favorite workout affirmation or quote, please leave it in the replies below.
I’m wishing you great success on your wellness journey!
Self-care starts here!
Align with the unique energy of the season. Get positive affirmations, moon cycle dates, and a free card reading each month, sent straight to your inbox.✨
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in Amazon and Share A Sale affiliate programs. This means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, when you buy a product from this page. Thank you for supporting my small business!