You are absolutely beautiful and deserve to feel confident in your own skin. These body positive affirmations will encourage self-love and acceptance, so you can fully embrace your worthiness and build a healthy relationship with your soul’s temple.
Do Positive Affirmations Help Body Image?
Absolutely. Positive affirmations for body image help you change the way you think about your body and build a more positive relationship with it.
Creating positive statements and repeating them regularly allows you to gradually shift from negative beliefs about your body to positive ones. With enough repetition, these positive thoughts can begin to shape the way you view yourself and become an invaluable tool for self-care.
Your body is listening and responding to your thoughts, feelings, and words. So when you berate yourself, you’re literally damaging your body on a cellular level.
I would challenge you to start thinking of your body as your beloved child. It’s dependent on you to give it loving care, nourishment, and a healthy balance of movement and rest.
Would you ever speak to an innocent child the way you talk to yourself when you look in the mirror?
I’m sure the answer is no!
When you start thinking of your body as an entity separate from yourself, you can more easily express empathy and compassion for it. Once you do that, you’ll start looking for lovable things about your body, and can respond with words of encouragement and kindness when your inner critic flares up.
Positive Affirmations for Body Image
- I appreciate everything my body can do.
- The more I love myself, the more beautiful I feel.
- My body is perfect for my life purpose.
- I am more than just my physical body.
- I’m perfect exactly as I am.
- My body knows exactly how to find its way toward perfect balance.
- Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.
- I honor my body by responding to its signals.
- I am blessed to have this physical body.
- Physical imperfections are a perfectly normal part of being human – everyone has them.
- I love the freedom and ability my body provides me.
- My physical appearance is just one layer of who I am.
- I love dressing in clothes that make me feel confident and comfortable.
- Exercise is a celebration of what my body can do.
- My beauty radiates from within.
- I speak kind words to myself when I look in the mirror.
- I set realistic wellness goals for myself.
- I love my body and treat it with respect.
- I’m open to new ways of thinking about myself.
- The more I practice self-love, the happier I am.
- I accept compliments from others with grace.
- There are many things I love about the way I look.
Body Acceptance Affirmations
- I am beautiful in my own unique way.
- My body deserves respect, no matter its size or shape.
- Every flaw makes me a special individual and uniquely me.
- I make healthy decisions for my physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- I accept and love my body just the way it is.
- I honor my body’s limitations.
- This body is a precious gift and I’m grateful for it.
- Loving myself is powerful magic.
- I thank my body for all the wonderful things it lets me do.
- I retire old complaints and judgements that don’t support my self-love practice.
- I always treat my body with kindness and respect.
- I give myself permission to change the story I tell myself.
- My body is strong and capable.
- There is no relationship more important than the one I have with myself.
- The more I practice self-acceptance, the more strongly I attract kind people into my life.
- I am my own best friend.
- I honor my body’s diverse features.
- I use food as a healing tool.
- My body is my friend, and wants to serve me well.
- I do not need to change my appearance in order to earn worthiness.
- I allow my soul to guide the way when I get dressed for the day.
- When I accept myself, I inspire others to do the same.
- Life is too short to get hung up on vanity.
- My self-talk is loving and kind.
- I take loving care of my body, no matter what.
- I never compare myself to others because we are all unique works of art.
- I set wellness goals and have fun along the way to meeting them.
- I am proud of the features that reflect my ancestry.
Body Confidence Affirmations
- I am beautiful and worthy of love.
- When I see beauty in others, I speak it.
- I will nurture and care for my body with love, respect, and kindness.
- My body is my own and I love it unconditionally.
- I am proud of my physicality and all the amazing things my body can do.
- I am confident in my own skin no matter what anyone else says or thinks about me.
- I love what I see when I look in the mirror, and that’s all that matters.
- There is so much more to life than the way people look.
- I can admire beauty in others and still accept myself fully.
- I’m so grateful for the systems within my body that work beautifully without any effort on my part.
- It’s fun to express my personal style using my favorite colors, fabrics, and jewelry.
- I love nourishing my body with delicious and healthy foods.
- I hold my head high when I walk into a room.
- I’m proud to be myself.
- There is no one just like me, and that is my superpower.
- I deserve to feel good about the way I look.
- There is nothing I can’t do when I embrace my worthiness.
- I am fabulous exactly as I am!
- I give my body rest when it asks for it.
- My wellness goals are rooted in self-love.
- I lay down all guilt and shame and claim my power now.
- I love being me.
- My inner wisdom tells me I deserve to be happy.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- This body is my sacred temple for life, and it deserves the best of everything.
Body Love Affirmations
- I have the right to love myself and appreciate what I have.
- I am a beautiful being and my physical body deserves love and respect.
- I embrace my body just as it is and will appreciate all its wonderful qualities.
- When I’m loving myself, reaching my wellness goals comes easily.
- I flood my body with loving care.
- I give myself permission to love myself inside and out.
- My value is not defined by what others think of me or by my appearance.
- It’s up to me to nurture my physical vessel, and I take the job seriously.
- I treat my body with reverence and respect.
- Every physical ailment is an indicator of where I need to love myself more.
- I trust my body to let me know exactly what it needs to feel its best.
- It’s fun to explore new ways to be active.
- I love myself no matter how much I weigh.
- I make plenty of time for self-care and grooming rituals.
- I’m grateful for my physical senses and how my body allows me to experience my world.
- I find strength, courage, and beauty within my own body every day.
- I am worthy of my own loving care.
- My body’s curves are natural, normal, and beautiful.
- I make feeling good a priority because my body’s condition is a reflection of my dominant thoughts and feelings.
- Self-worth is not something I need to earn; my very existence means I am worthy.
- I encourage myself with positive words.
- I do not need to earn my food or my rest.
- I eat intuitively, giving myself nutritious options that will satisfy my body’s cravings.
- I release myself from unrealistic beauty standards I’ve picked up from the media.
- I set my own standards for beauty.
- My soul inhabits this body with pride and dignity.
How To Use Your Body Positive Affirmations
Once you’ve found a few affirmations that really speak to you, work them into your daily routine as much as possible. For example:
- Say your affirmation first thing in the morning
- Repeat it on mala beads as meditation mantra
- Write your favorite and keep it near your mirror
- Use it as a self-love journal prompt
- Dedicate your yoga practice or workout to it (repeat it when you need fuel to keep going!)
More Ways to Love Your Body
If you’re focused on healing your body image, then this is the perfect time to do some chakra healing.
Chakras are energy centers in your body that are home to your feelings, experiences, and beliefs that shape who you are. The two chakras that most affect your body image are the solar plexus and the heart chakras.
Notice what hits home as you read about these two chakras below.
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing for Confidence
Your sense of self worth, self esteem, and personal power come from your solar plexus chakra. So if you need extra support in this area, focusing on solar plexus chakra healing will help you to feel strong, confident, and capable in your own skin.
During my years of offering energy healing sessions for women, the solar plexus is by far the most common chakra in need of healing.
These posts dive into more detail on solar plexus healing:
Quick Tip for Solar Plexus Balancing:
There is a very strong tie between your emotions and your sense of smell. So one of the easiest ways to balance your solar plexus is to pair your body affirmations with essential oils for the solar plexus.
Diffuse this blend or dab a little onto pulse points each morning, or whenever you plan to work with your affirmations. The aroma is energizing and empowering:
This energizing blend of Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Sweet Marjoram, Black Pepper, and Ginger Root supports confidence, will power, and courage. It comes in a roll-on too!
Heart Chakra Healing for Self-Love
Your heart chakra is home to your sense of self-love and inner peace. If you’re healing from body shame, you’ll want to focus on soothing this energy center, in addition to saying your body love affirmations.
This is the heart chakra oil I recommend. It supports self-love so you can practice acceptance, kindness, and forgiveness toward yourself.
This beautiful blend of Geranium, Copaiba, Lime, Spearmint, and Rose makes room in your heart for love, healing, and peace. It’s the perfect tool to pair with your positive body affirmations. It‘s also available in a roll-on with a rose quartz roller ball, for extra healing vibes! 💖
I’m also sharing a few key posts to guide you toward heart healing:
I hope these body image affirmations help to guide you toward self-acceptance, inner peace, and deep appreciation for your body. Self-love allows you to truly step into your power, so you can manifest the life you deserve!
If you found these affirmations helpful, please take a moment to share this post so others who need uplifting can find it.
Sending you all the best on your self-love journey!
Self-care starts here!
Align with the unique energy of the season. Get positive affirmations, moon cycle dates, and a free card reading each month, sent straight to your inbox.✨
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in Amazon and Share A Sale affiliate programs. This means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, when you buy a product from this page. Thank you for supporting my small business!