The new moon phase is a sacred time to set intentions for your new beginning. Today I’m sharing new moon journal prompts to help you capture the unique energy of this month’s new moon. It’s time for a fresh start!
What Is New Moon Journaling?
New moon journaling is simply the process of writing in your moon journal on the night of the new moon. This is the best time to reflect on your intentions, feelings, and experiences each month.
The new moon phase represents new beginnings, fresh starts, creation, and rebirth. So this is the time to dream big and set intentions for your future.
New moon journaling is a great way to track your progress and notice how your desires evolve over time.
It’s also a beautiful way to look back on how far you’ve come as time goes by. Many of your new moon intentions from the past have already manifested! Acknowledging this fosters your gratitude practice and reminds you of your manifesting power.
What Should I Journal on the New Moon?
You can write about anything that’s going on in your life when you sit down to do your new moon journaling. But in general, focus on:
- Topics important to you at this time in your life
- Your emotions about different situations
- Where you have room for self-growth.
- Goals you want to set for the future
- New skills, talents, or hobbies you’d like to explore
- How your creativity is expressing itself at this time
- Dream interpretations
The goal of new moon journaling is to help you set clear intentions for the future and define action steps to achieve them.
Find your perfect manifestation journal! ✨
Each new moon is unique and carries a very specific spiritual message.
For this reason, I’m breaking out these new moon journal prompts by month. This way, your journaling will be perfectly attuned to this month’s lunar energies.
Aquarius New Moon Prompts (Jan 21)
Aquarius is all about following the beat of your own drum and sharing your bold visions with the world. What comes to mind for you this month as you sit down to journal?
- Three ways I can honor my authentic self are…
- If I challenge myself to dream bigger, this comes to mind…
- What is the ideal version of my life for this next phase?
- How can I share more of my gifts with the people in my life?
- Can I find new ways of looking at old problems?
- One new thing I’d like to experience is…
Pisces New Moon Prompts (Feb 19)
Pisces is all about intuition, empathy, and emotion. So under this new moon, there’s likely a lot going on in your internal world. New moon journaling will help you process your feelings.
- What feelings are rising to the surface for me at this time?
- When I think about beginning these thoughts and feelings come to mind…
- How can I make sure I get the downtime I need?
- If I feel overwhelmed, I can remind myself…
- Am I taking on other people’s emotions?
- Where can I set healthy emotional boundaries for myself?
- How can I use my gifts of empathy to help my loved ones?
- How can I honor my intuition as I step into my next chapter?
Aries New Moon Prompts (Mar 21)
Aries energy is all about leadership, prioritizing your needs, and taking control. It’s time to take bold action!
- How can I remind myself that I’m worthy of upgrades?
- If I could have any wish come true, what would it be?
- How can I take a more active role in bringing my dreams to life?
- How can I better step up and lead?
- Three things that make me feel confident are…
- I feel most powerful when…
- How can I be more assertive in my next chapter?
Taurus New Moon Prompts (Apr 20, May19)
Taurus zodiac sign represents both beauty and strength. In addition, Taurus carries themes of community and good old fashioned hard work! This new moon invites you to get grounded so you can take practical steps towards your manifestations.
- How can I better connect with my community?
- Three social activities I’m interested in are exploring are…
- How can I practice better financial planning for my future?
- Do I take time to make myself feel beautiful?
- Three ways I can practice more self-love are…
- Am I honoring my romantic side?
- Do I have room to be more flexible and relaxed?
Gemini New Moon Prompts (Jun 17)
The Gemini new moon focuses on intellect and communication. What comes to mind for you? Here are some prompts to get you started with your journaling:
- How can I express myself more authentically?
- Are there any important conversations I need to have?
- What am I most curious about at this time?
- Three new things I’d like to learn how to do are…
- What great ideas have come to me lately?
- Are my emotions clouding my judgment on any topic?
Cancer New Moon Prompts (July 17)
The new moon in Cancer is all about bonding with your loved ones and exploring your emotions. So this July, think about how you can plan to bring more love, affection and companionship into your life. Here are some prompts to get you started.
- What new self-care practices would I like to start?
- Are there any relationships that need a clean slate?
- Is there anyone I need to forgive in order to move forward?
- How can I better honor my intuition in this cycle?
- What relationships are most important to me right now?
- How can I open up my heart to my love?
- If fear was not an option, what would I do?
- What am I feeling most excited about for the future?
- What are my relationship goals?
Leo New Moon Prompts (Aug 16)
The Leo zodiac sign is all about claiming your power and worthiness! So when you sit down to do your August journaling, here are some prompts to keep in mind.
- How can I step into my power in this new cycle?
- If I listened to my instincts without question, what would I do next?
- Some of my personal strengths are…
- How can I step out of my comfort zone?
- How can I practice my worthiness?
- Is my body craving more rest? More movement?
- How can I practice receiving with grace?
Virgo New Moon Prompts (Sep 14)
Virgo is all about learning, expansion, and personal growth. So keep these themes in mind when you do your Virgo new moon journaling!
- What topics would I like to learn more about?
- Which areas of my life need more attention to detail?
- Am I judging myself too harshly?
- How can I practice more self-love?
- What career shifts would I like to make?
- If I could be an expert at any subject, what would it be?
- How can I practice patience and honor divine timing?
Libra New Moon Prompts (Oct 14)
The libra new moon brings our attention to balance and harmony, in all areas of life. Here are some new moon journal prompts to align with its energy.
- What areas of my life are asking for more balance?
- One way I can practice generosity is to…
- I would like to receive more…
- I’d like to receive more in these areas or relationships…
- Am I staying true to myself as I seek harmony?
- These three things make me happiest at this time…
- In my next phase I would like to focus on…
Scorpio New Moon Prompts (Nov 13)
Scorpio new moon invites you to focus on taking positive actions towards your new chapter. This is a powerful moon that is ripe with potential!
- How can I claim my power?
- What would I like to accomplish in this next phase?
- What is my intuition telling me?
- How can I be a better version of myself?
- Where do I need emotional healing?
- What action steps can I take toward my goals?
- Where is fear holding me back?
Sagittarius New Moon Prompts (Dec 12)
Sagittarius is all about taking aim, slaying your goals and having fun doing it. Here are some prompts for the Sagittarius new moon in December.
- What would I like my next adventure to be?
- What is something new that I would like to learn?
- How can I bring more joy into my life?
- What plans can I make to ensure success before I act?
- How can I celebrate my successes?
- What would make me happiest at this time?
- Which projects, people, and causes am I most passionate about?
Are you inspired to do your new moon journaling? Be sure to write from the heart! This is your sacred time to express your inner most hopes, dreams, and intentions, so don’t hold back.
New moon blessings to you!
Self-care starts here!
Align with the unique energy of the season. Get positive affirmations, moon cycle dates, and a free card reading each month, sent straight to your inbox.✨
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in Amazon and Share A Sale affiliate programs. This means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, when you buy a product from this page. Thank you for supporting my small business!