There are ways to ensure you attract and maintain a healthy relationship that is loving, attentive, and respectful. After all, you deserve nothing less! It all begins with you: your to quest find love absolutely must begin with loving yourself. Let’s explore some ways you can attend to your own needs, which will naturally attract a partner who mirrors those nourishing traits.
Tips for building a healthy relationship
Let’s begin by looking at some ways in which you can concentrate on yourself. By being the best version of yourself, you’re much more likely to attract positive experiences into your life, and this includes your romantic relationship.
1. Practice self love
Self love is important work! You need to spend time getting in touch with your desires, and become your own source of love and acceptance. There are countless ways to practice self love, but the important thing to remember is to make yourself a priority every day, even if it’s just for a few moments. This is a way of teaching yourself self-respect; when we put ourselves at the bottom of our own priority list, we’re send ourselves a message of unworthiness. As a result, we lower our expectations of how others should treat us. See why self love is an essential building block to a healthy partnership? Here are some ways in which you can practice self love – this should be enjoyable so have fun with it!
- Buy yourself fresh flowers
- Wear clothes that make you feel beautiful
- Indulge in a relaxing bath or hit the spa
- Find a mantra that works for you and repeat it throughout the day
- Take a walk in nature for quiet reflection time
- Stop comparing yourself to others and find the things that make you special
- Keep self-talk positive; don’t talk down to yourself
- Use essential oil blends to help with heart healing
2. Take care of your health
Maintaining good physical health is essential for your relationship; if you’re unwell, there’s no way you’ll have the energy to invest in a partner. By nurturing your body and mind, you’re also sending a message to potential or current partners which says ‘I have value.’ Let’s look at some ways to ensure you’re honoring your wellness.
- Move that beautiful body, every day. It doesn’t matter if you do yoga, go running, or do a few minutes of gentle stretching. Listen to your body and do what feels good.
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water (half your body weight in ounces is a good rule of thumb). Toss in some lemon to boost wellness benefits.
- Meditate regularly, even if it’s just for a few minutes. It’s a great way to keep your mental health in check.
- Aim to have 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night.
- Practice gratitude: acknowledging the blessings in your life programs your brain to look for the positive aspects of every situation.
Writing in a journal is a fantastic way to gather your thoughts, clarify your needs, and release any pent up emotion. By journaling regularly, you enable yourself to become aware of what you expect from a relationship and from the people around you. This will contribute to success in your romantic relationship. Some ideas for journal topics include:
- Goals and aspirations
- You current emotions
- Plans for the day/week/month/year
- How certain people in your life make you feel
- Log your dreams
It’s important to have a dedicated, sacred space to capture your thoughts. Here are some of our top journal picks :
Of course, taking the time to look after yourself has a profound effect on your relationship and on the search in finding love. But a healthy relationship take effort from both people, and so next we are going to look at some really important things that you can work on as a couple in order to find, build and maintain a healthy relationship.
If you truly want to succeed in your love life, it is essential that you communicate clearly and honestly with one another. Never be afraid to tell your partner exactly how you are feeling or what you want from them. So often, couples will fall out because one party is expecting something that the other party isn’t giving. But in reality, they have never aired what they want and so how was their partner to know? Right from day one you should make it clear that you will give and expect honestly, clarity and transparency in your communication.
Did you know there are essential oils that foster authentic communication? The aroma of this blend will keep you focused on clear, respectful exchanges.
5. Set healthy boundaries
When you share your life with another person, it can be difficult to line up what you both expect of one another. One of the great debates surrounding boundaries right now is infidelity. What one person deems as the ultimate betrayal, another might see as nothing but harmless fun. It is important to lay down the boundaries from the start and this isn’t just around being faithful. You could include such topics as:
- How much time to spend together
- Sexual preferences, including things that you are not going to be willing to do
- Your past and how much of it you are willing to discuss
- What you will and will not tolerate in the relationship
- Expectations around honoring each other’s privacy
By laying your cards on the table, your relationship is much more likely to flourish and remain healthy because you know exactly what each other expects. You and your partner will also be aware of the consequences if one of the two of you does something that is intolerable.
6. Emotional awareness
Within any relationship it can take time to become attuned to how the other person handles their emotions but there are some things that you can do to start:
- Listen to your partner. Take note of how they behave when certain situations arise-for example how do they cope with a stressful day at work? How do they deal with issues in the family?
- Respect their emotions and communication style. Learning to work through challenges as a team will take time.
The most important thing to remember here is that you and your partner should be able to know, without it being said, that you are there for one another in an emotional capacity in a way which suits you. Having a partner who understands you, can offer advice or can simply be a sounding board is a sure fire way of keeping a relationship healthy.
There are so many ways in which we can be sure to attract healthy relationships into our lives. We must be willing to work on our own selves as well as working alongside our partner, by doing this we become more aware of our own needs and the needs of the other person. This will translate into a happy and successful relationship that will stand the test of time.