Are you so caught up in your mind that you’ve lost touch with your body? If you’re feeling scattered, clumsy, or spaced out, this guided meditation will help you.
Gift yourself with 5 minutes to come back into your body. Lie down, hit play and enjoy.
Body Scan Meditation Script
Lay down get comfortable. Close your eyes and just listen to my voice. This is a time set aside just for you. An opportunity to be by yourself and with yourself fully. There’s no wrong way to feel here, just give yourself permission to be to be exactly as you are. Remember that no matter what physical challenges you may be facing, as long as you’re breathing, there is more going right within your body than wrong.
- Begin to smooth out your inhales and exhales. Notice how it feels to be in contact with the floor. Notice how your clothing feels against your skin.
- Now we’ll begin to mentally scan your body. Start by focusing on your feet. How do they feel?
- Move your attention up to the lower legs, knees, thighs. Is there an opportunity to release any tension in the legs?
- Continue to scan the body moving up to the pelvic region. Notice where your tailbone comes into contact with your mat.
- Scan the lower and upper back
- Chest, just observing
- Arms and hands. How does the temperature of the air feel against your fingers?
- Moving back up to your shoulders, neck, and throat.
- Bring your awareness to your face, every feature. Are you holding any tightness there? Can you create more space between the eyebrows by relaxing the muscles in your forehead?
- Notice your temples, ears, scalp and the crown of your head
- Take a moment to just observe your body as a whole. You are perfectly complete, just as you are
- Take a deep inhale through the nose and audible exhale through the mouth
- When you’re ready, slowly roll onto your right side into a fetal position. Gently push yourself up to a comfortable seat and open the eyes