Feelings of anxiety can be overwhelming. So today I’m sharing positive affirmations for anxiety relief, to help you remember that you are safe. You deserve to feel at ease, and these tools can help.
Can Positive Affirmations Help Anxiety?
Yes! Affirmations are very helpful when you’re experiencing anxiety because they help you to practice mindfulness. The affirmations I’ve written for you below focus on feeling calm, present, peaceful, and safe.
When you’re in an anxious moment, you can either read through this list to help you move up the emotional guidance scale, or choose a favorite to repeat as a mantra while focusing on your breath.
Reach for your anxiety affirmations as early as you can when you start to feel uncomfortable emotions welling up inside you. The earlier you can focus on how you want to feel, the better these affirmations will work.
More To Feel Safe and Calm:
Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
- I inhale calm and exhale stress.
- I have felt this before and know it will pass.
- I use uncomfortable emotions as my signal to practice self-love.
- I practice mindfulness by focusing on what I hear, see, taste and feel.
- I honor my body’s requests for movement and rest.
- With every inhale, I breathe cleansing energy into every cell of my body.
- All is well in my world.
- Everything‘s okay.
- I can do this.
- I gain more control over my mind with every intentional thought I choose.
- I’m feeling more relaxed with every breath.
- I deserve to feel tranquility and peace.
- I can always connect with nature for healing and comfort.
- I create an inner world for myself that is a peaceful place to dwell.
- I bring myself relief by focusing my attention on nature.
- I lovingly tend to my physical body.
- I’m proud of my ability to self nurture.
- I enjoy exploring new ways to self-soothe.
Morning Affirmations for Anxiety
- My thoughts are powerful, and I can direct them at will.
- I reach for the best thoughts and feelings available to me at every moment.
- Today I will stay present and focused.
- It’s easy for me to find things to enjoy as I move through the day.
- I invite the universe to send me delightful experiences today.
- This is a beautiful new day and I’m so happy to be here.
- I love knowing my vibration rose naturally while I slept.
- I will take the day step-by-step.
- I’ll do my best today, and that’s enough.
- I will protect my wellbeing today by focusing with intention.
- I enjoy the calm feeling I have when I first awaken.
- I will look for things to appreciate everywhere I go today.
- My natural state is one of peace and stability.
- I will give people the benefit of the doubt.
- I will be lighthearted today, and not take myself too seriously.
- Today I will be kind and gentle with myself.
- I will be mindful with my self-talk.
- I will practice segment intending by sending positive intentions to each part of my day.
- I use my mind power for my highest good.
Anxiety and Depression Affirmations
- I practice patience as I feel my way toward feeling better.
- I can always find something to be grateful for.
- It’s okay to not feel okay.
- This is temporary and I’m feeling better each day.
- I’m grateful for what my body can do.
- I focus on pampering and comforting my physical body.
- I’m allowed to clear my schedule and take time for self-care.
- I’m grateful my basic needs are always met.
- I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me.
- I will take a few moments each day to practice self-care activities and be kind to myself.
- All things pass, even difficult times.
- I am in control of my thoughts and emotions.
- My body is capable and strong.
- I choose to be mindful of the present moment.
- I am strong and capable.
- I will take things one day at a time.
- I am worthy of the best life has to offer.
- I have the ability to create lasting change in my life and environment.
One of the best things you can do when you’re feeling anxious and depressed is to lovingly tend to your physical body. When your body is deeply relaxed, it’s really hard for your mind not to follow along.
I’ve tried a whole bunch of holistic ways to self-soothe, which I share the in this post. Take what you need: 9 Natural Remedies for Depression
Anxiety and Fear Affirmations
- I won’t let fear stop me from doing what I feel is right for myself and others around me.
- I choose to see the beauty in every single moment, even amidst challenge and difficulty.
- Everything I need is within me; all power resides within me to care for my well-being.
- My inner strength gives me the courage to face anything that comes my way with grace and ease.
- Focusing on gratitude helps create positivity in my life and the lives of those around me..
- Even when I feel anxious, I’m still safe.
- I am perfectly safe in my world.
- There’s nothing going on here that I can’t handle.
- I lovingly release all emotions that do not serve me.
- All of my power is in the present moment.
- I ground my energy into the Earth to feel stable and balanced.
- I am strong enough to accept what I cannot change and brave enough to change what I can.
- I forgive myself and allow joy and love into my life.
- I trust myself and stay in the present moment.
- I have the courage to face any challenge that comes my way.
- I release all fears and worries, knowing that what is best for me will come to pass.
Spiritual Affirmations for Anxiety
- I feel empowered knowing the law of attraction always brings me experiences to match my beliefs.
- My spirit team is always by my side, guiding and protecting me.
- I am exactly where I belong in every moment.
- I am finding my way back into alignment with my Source with every improved thought I choose.
- I like knowing I have control over my own vibration.
- Life is supposed to be filled with variety; it’s okay that I don’t feel okay right now.
- All of my feelings are sacred and valid.
- My emotions are my intuition at work, letting me know I deserve healing.
- When anxiety surfaces, I thank it and ask it what it wants me to know.
- I can use my healing journey to uplift others.
- The more I surrender into the moment, the sooner my anxiety passes.
- I focus on my spiritual practice as a reminder that I am sacred, blessed, and whole.
- I have the power that creates worlds on my side.
- I send love and healing to all versions of me, in all directions of time.
- I visualize peace and tranquility flowing through my body.
Affirmations for Social Anxiety
- I am worthy of being seen and heard.
- My value is not determined by how others think of me.
- I can find comfort in difficult social situations.
- I am capable of connecting with others.
- I am not defined by my successes or failures.
- It’s ok for me to ask for help when needed.
- Everyone makes mistakes and it’s ok for me to do the same.
- Everyone here is unique and valuable.
- I am enough, exactly as I am.
- There’s always room for growth and improvement.
- It’s ok for me to take time out for myself.
- Even if I make a mistake, other people are unlikely to judge me harshly for it.
- Fear isn’t necessarily bad, as it can alert me of potential danger or stressors in my life.
- Not every situation is life or death, so there’s no need to panic.
- Even small efforts will guarantee success if repeated often.
My Favorite Ritual to Get Ahead of Social Anxiety
Sometimes going out into the world can be triggering. Whether it’s a doctor appointment you’re dreading, or something that ‘should’ be enjoyable like a party, it’s important to honor how you feel and nurture yourself through it.
One self-care practice I use to set myself up for success is to prepare a ‘recovery space’ at home, ahead of time.
On the day of your event, get your favorite space ready to welcome you home:
- Have your favorite loungewear clean and ready to change into.
- Place your favorite cup next to a full kettle by the stove (or prep your favorite healing brew of choice).
- Arrange a table with your journal or a good book
- Place fresh flowers in your space or diffuse a calming essential oil blend while you’re away
- Anything else you’d do to prepare to welcome a very special guest into your home.
Practice mindfulness as you carry out these tasks. As you do, you’ll begin to feel calmer because you’ll be tapping into the relief you’ll feel when the event is over.
When you step out that door, you’ll know that no matter what happens, you’ll soon return to that sacred space where you can recover, relax, and recharge.
Plus, you’ll remember the uncomfortable situation is only temporary, and it’s just one part of your day.
This sweet little ritual works so well, you may not even need the recovery time when you return home. Give it a try and share your experience!
I hope these positive affirmations for anxiety help you to self soothe and feel more in control of your inner world.
What helps you reconnect with your inner calm? Leave a reply below!
Also, please pin/share this post on social if it brought you peace, so others can find it.
Self-care starts here!
Align with the unique energy of the season. Get positive affirmations, moon cycle dates, and a free card reading each month, sent straight to your inbox.✨
The Haven Shoppe LLC proudly participates in Amazon and Share A Sale affiliate programs. This means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, when you buy a product from this page. Thank you for supporting my small business!